Plantation Moving & Storage, Inc., is a full-service moving company serving Charleston, Summerville, North Charleston, Goose Creek, Mount Pleasant, and Columbia, South Carolina. We can help with almost every aspect of your home or business move including packing, loading, unloading, unpacking, and storage. But it’s your responsibility to make sure that the proper people are notified of your change in address. It’s also important to make sure that all registrations are updated in your new location. Here’s a list to help get you started:
Change of Address
- Post Office – Give forwarding address.
- Charge accounts and credit cards.
- Subscriptions – Sometimes require several weeks to change your address.
- Friends and relatives.
Contacts to Make Before You Move
- Your Bank – Transfer funds, arrange check-cashing in new city or at new address.
- Insurance Agent – Notify of new location for coverage (life, automobile, health, renters).
- Utility Companies – Gas, electric, water, telephone, TV. Get refunds for any deposits made. Arrange for service at new address.
- Schools – Ask for copies of transcripts for new-school registration.
- Doctors, Dentists, etc. – Contact your doctors and dentists for copies of medical records or have records sent to new location.
- Church, Clubs, or Civic Organizations – Transfer membership. Get letters of introduction.
At Your New Location
- Automobile Registration – Transfer of car title registration (if necessary), address on driver’s license, city or county tax stickers.
- Pets – Ask about regulations for licenses, vaccinations, tags, etc.